Strong roots, strong women: empowering women for community and coastal ecosystem resilience in Central Vietnam
The overall aim of the proposed project “Strong roots, strong women” is to:
- Empower women in disaster risk management,
- Enhance community and coastal ecosystem resilience in the highly flood-prone Thua Thien Hue province in Central Vietnam,
- Contribute to climate mitigation through a stakeholder driven Eco-DRR approach.
Proposed key activities include:
- The establishment of a community mangrove nursery at South-East Asia’s largest lagoon, linked to an innovative micro-credit fund supporting women,
- A series of Eco-DRR theatre performances by members of the Women’s Union for awareness raising, and
- In-depth project outcome evaluation, as well as considerable dissemination activities.
The proposed project for the 2021 RISK Award will focus on Thua Thien Hue province in Central Vietnam (see Figure), a coastal province that faces chronic stress from coastal, fluvial and pluvial flooding.
Read more about this award HERE